Friday, July 22, 2011

Vacation and The Mobile Mishap

Adam left in late June for a 3-week work trip so my mom and I came up with a plan to take a road trip while he was gone. She flew out to Dallas on July 6th and we left that day for our road trip to Atlanta (Adam would fly out there when he returned from his trip to drive back with me). We were to stop in New Orleans and Gulf Shores before our final destination to the ATL.

New Orleans was great! It's such a fun city and I can't wait to go back with Adam. We walked down Canal Street, where our hotel was, and then headed to the Marketplace area for the evening. We even ate at Cafe Du Monde for breakfast before we headed out of the city. Yummy!

I had to get a picture of Bourbon Street. Ha!

Noah and the Mississippi River

I don't remember the name of the church, but it was gorgeous!

Grandma and Noah

"Yeah! I'm in New Orleans!"

Once we left New Orleans, we headed for Gulf Shores, Alabama. While in Mobile, we were involved in a 5-car accident on I-10. Luckily, we were at the very front of the collision so we were the least impacted. We were all okay, but my van, not so much. After a trip to the hospital to have everyone looked over, we were able to get a rental car and head to Gulf Shores for the weekend. Here are some pics of the van. We get to go back to Mobile in about 3 weeks to pick it up from the dealership where it is being repaired. Yay.

The back of the van - glass is everywhere! The back windshield completely shattered.

Noah's seat. Again, glass is everywhere. I'm SO happy is forward facing now!

Front passenger side. If you look close, you can see the glass that flew all the way up to the front. And it knocked my Coke out of the cupholder!

Back of the van

This angle is much worse. :(

Once we arrived in Gulf Shores we just relaxed and then headed to the beach the next day. I forgot my camera in the hotel so didn't really take any pictures while we were there.

Grandma and Noah napping in the hotel.

We left for Atlanta on Monday and were so happy to get there! Noah loved spending time with his Grandma. They picked tomatoes and flowers in the garden and went for walks together. I'm so happy we were able to spend some time with my mom and I know Noah is looking forward to the next time!

1 comment:

Jenny B. said...

Oh my! So glad everyone was safe in the wreck! So scary to have an accident with your baby in the car!